Discussion else-thread made me start my commentary about how I think many Pagan groups do a lousy job with ritual aftercare, and how we could - by taking some relatively simple steps - do a whole lot better. Then I decided it deserved its own thread.
So, to get started, some questions to get conversation going...
1) What does ritual aftercare mean to you?
2) When is it necessary? (Personal ritual? Group ritual? High-intensity group ritual? Other times?)
3) What bits of ritual aftercare do you look for in a competent ritual leader? Which bits don't matter as much to you?
4) Are there aspects of aftercare that you particularly feel strongly about? Things you think are overdone?
5) And for those of you who've got experience as teachers or ritual leaders: what do you consider your own obligations to appropriate aftercare to be? Do you still feel some obligation if you're a guest at a ritual (say something large and public?) but not in charge?
Please share whatever springs to mind for you: I'll come and chime in with my own thoughts eventually, but I'd love to hear other people's thoughts first, because I'm curious about which of my experiences are more broadly shared.
Questions also totally welcome.
- Message Board: Join in our discussion